You will need to use a blood glucose monitor to verify it on your own. This involves pricking your finger for blood and placing a check strip within the blood. During this take a look at, you’ll drink a beverage containing seventy five grams of glucose dissolved in water. Two hours later, a physician or nurse will measure the amount of glucose in your blood.
- People with high levels of triglycerides have an elevated risk of sort 2 diabetes.
- If you contract COVID-19, your blood sugars are prone to enhance as your body is working to clear the infection.
- Your threat for diabetes is larger if your mom, father, or sibling has diabetes.
- This can cause issue with wound therapeutic, particularly on the ft, the place diabetic ulcers might appear.
- These usually develop after a few years (10–20) however may be the first symptom in those who have in any